Luxury Golf Vacations

Frequently Asked Questions


Q. - What is the climate like in New Zealand & Australia?
A. – The seasons are reversed, so when winter takes hold in North America, it is summer time in both New Zealand & Australia.

Q. – What is the spoken language?
A. - English is the language in both countries, and, both have a reputation for being the two friendliest countries in the world!

Q. – What currency is used in each country?
A. – Both New Zealand and Australia use a decimal currency with the dollar as the base unit. The exchange rate for these dollars does fluctuate with the U.S. dollar. There is no restriction on the amount of travelers checks changed.

Notes come in $100, $50, $20, $10, $5 denomination. Coins come in $2, $1, 50c, 20c and 10c denominations.

Q. – Are credit cards accepted in both countries?
A. – The most commonly accepted credit cards are Visa, American Express, Diners Club and MasterCard. Many Banks have ATMs located outside the branch or in the foyer, and can be accessed 24 hours a day.

Q. – Do I require a passport for arrival into either country? How about a Visa?
A. – U.S. citizens are required to present a valid passport to enter both New Zealand and Australia. The passport must have a valid date for at least three months following the date you will be returning home.
No visa is required for New Zealand. A visa is required for Australia and we can assist with obtaining this.

Q - What do I need to know about Service Charges / Gratuities / Local Taxes?
A. - All applicable local taxes are included in your tour. Most hotels do not make the service charges common in many overseas countries.

There is no requirement or expectation of tipping for included tour features. Restaurants are about the only place in Australia or New Zealand where tipping is common.

Q. - Do I need Travel Insurance?
A. - We strongly recommend (for any holiday!) that you purchase cancellation and trip interruption insurance - enquire for details.

Q. – Will my 120V razor or curling iron work in either country?
A. – Both New Zealand & Australia use 220-240V, AC 50HZ electrical currents. The power outlets differ from those in the US so you will need an adaptor. If your appliances are 110V, check if there is a 110/220V switch; if not, you will need a voltage converter. Universal outlets for 240V or 110V shavers are usually found in leading hotels.

Q. – What should I pack? Do the golf courses have specific golf attire requirements?
A. – The climate in both New Zealand & Australia is generally pleasant without extreme temperatures. It is a good idea to pack a light jacket or sweater in the event of a cool evening.

Dress standards are similar in Australia and New Zealand for golfers as those in the U.S.A. Because we use some courses that are private, and, normally not accepting of outside play, proper golf attire is expected. Most courses will allow men to wear ankle or calve length socks when wearing shorts. Ladies permitted to wear ankle socks.

All restaurants have casual dress as standard although for Welcome and Farewell Dinners it is common for men to wear jackets.

Q. – Are golf carts available?
A. - Motorized carts are generally available, although limited in number at some courses so need to be pre-arranged. With a few exceptions caddies are generally not available in either Australia or New Zealand. Most golfers use pull carts (called trundlers or buggies), or you may prefer to walk and carry a Sunday bag.

Q. – What type of food should we expect on our trip? Are there any restrictions on what we are able to eat? What about drinking water?
A. – The food in both New Zealand & Australia is equal to anywhere in the world.
Seafood dishes are exceptional as well as any Lamb dish in New Zealand. There are no restrictions on drinking water.